Thursday 21 April 2011

Devil's gonna get ya

Few pages photographed from the book I made for a project in my 1st year Illlustration degree. Everyone was randomly given a famous person to research and create a final book for. I picked Muddy Water's the blues musician.

Having done loads of research; in the end I decided to create a narrative based around something his grandmother said to him "Devil's gonna get ya" in responce to his love of blues music. Alot of religious people living in Mississippi at the time believed that any music not celebrating God was a sin.

These images show Muddy discovering music and explore the idea of sin. The devil appears in the form of a snake and chases Muddy throughout the book. I tried to give all the images a stain glass window look to reference Christianity.



No comments:

Post a Comment